Craigslist will no longer display personal ads after passage of sex trafficking bill
Craigslist will no longer display personal ads on its website after the Senate voted to pass the Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act yesterday. The bill means websites will be held liable for hosting sex trafficking content. It will also make it easier ...
and more »
* SARISSA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP SAYS ON MARCH 21, ENTERED INTO WARRANT AMENDMENT AGREEMENT WITH APRICUS BIOSCIENCES INC - SEC FILING
* SEMPRA ENERGY CEO DEBRA L. REED'S TOTAL COMPENSATION FOR 2017 WAS $12 MILLION VERSUS $10.3 MILLION IN 2016 - SEC FILING Source text: (https://bit.ly/2HV3WfV) Further company coverage:
* PROLOGIS SAYS CEO HAMID MOGHADAM'S FY 2017 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $19.4 MILLION VERSUS $15.5 MILLION IN 2016 - SEC FILING
* CBOE GLOBAL MARKETS INC - ON MARCH 22, CO ENTERED INTO TERM LOAN CREDIT AGREEMENT WITH BANK OF AMERICA, N.A. - SEC FILING
BRIEF-Wynn Family Limited Partnership Signs Stock Purchase Agreement With T. Rowe Price Associates In Capacity As Investment Advisor
* STEPHEN WYNN-ON MARCH 22, WYNN FAMILY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP SIGNS STOCK PURCHASE AGREEMENT WITH T. ROWE PRICE ASSOCIATES IN CAPACITY AS INVESTMENT ADVISOR
ZURICH (Reuters) - Credit Suisse is revising pay for top management as it completes a major overhaul, hoping to ease shareholder concerns with a returns-focused policy and lower 2017 rewards.
Samsung Electronics Co. expanded the size of its board of directors and added three new independent members, though the moves to diversify did little to satisfy critics who argue that the world’s largest smartphone maker needs stronger corporate governance.
LONDON (Reuters) - Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox has changed the group of banks lined up to help finance its proposed takeover of European pay-TV company Sky, replacing Bank of America with Citibank.
LONDON (Reuters) - The threat of a global trade war sent stock markets sliding and investors rushing for the safety of currencies like the yen and government bonds on Friday, after U.S. President Donald Trump announced tariffs on up to $60 billion of Chinese goods.
LONDON (Reuters) - GlaxoSmithKline has withdrawn from the race to buy Pfizer's consumer healthcare business, the British company said on Friday, endangering an auction the U.S. drugmaker hoped would bring in as much as $20 billion.
As CBS weighs making an offer, it may discover more value than it did last time round.
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Tony Fernandes, the co-founder of AirAsia Bhd , is seeking to transform Asia's biggest budget airline into an asset-light, digitally focused firm after the $1 billion sale of its leasing business, in an effort to foster sustainable growth.
* CONFIRMS IT HAS WITHDRAWN FROM PROCESS RELATING TO PFIZER'S CONSUMER HEALTHCARE BUSINESS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reuters.Briefs@thomsonreuters.com)
MILAN, March 23 (Reuters) - Activist investor Elliott Advisors slammed as "cynical and self-serving" a move by French media group Vivendi to force Telecom Italia to have to name a new board after a majority of directors resigned.
BEIJING/SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China urged the United States on Friday to "pull back from the brink" as President Donald Trump's plans for tariffs on up to $60 billion in Chinese goods moved the world's two largest economies closer to a trade war.
HONG KONG (Reuters) - China's Tencent Holdings Ltd saw its shares down 4.51 percent at the midday trading break on Friday after the internet firm's largest shareholder, Naspers Ltd , said it would lower its stake for the first time in 17 years.
* "China has no business in Greenland"-Danish official (Adds comment from U.S. State Department official)