Ferrero International, the Italian confectionery maker, muscled further into the North America market, agreeing to pay $2.8 billion in cash to buy Nestlé’s U.S. chocolate business that includes the Butterfinger and Baby Ruth brands.
Facebook, Google, Amazon and Apple dominate their worlds just as Standard Oil and AT&T once did. Critics say they should get the same treatment. The answer to the antitrust question depends on a narrow test: Are consumers worse off?
For most of the current economic expansion, the self-storage sector has been beating all other major commercial property types in earnings growth and stock performance. But growth is slowing as markets get flooded with new supply.
* ONE STOP SYSTEMS INC SEES IPO OF ABOUT 2.9 MILLION SHARES OF ITS COMMON STOCK PRICED BETWEEN $6.00 AND $8.00 PER SHARE - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2mKLbDx)
BRIEF-OGE Energy Says Asked Commission To Review Request To Recover Investment In Mustang Energy Center
* OGE ENERGY CORP - UNIT ASKED OKLAHOMA CORPORATION COMMISSION TO REVIEW CO'S REQUEST TO RECOVER ABOUT $390 MILLION INVESTMENT IN MUSTANG ENERGY CENTER Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* FREDDIE MAC - FINANCED $73.2 BILLION IN LOAN PURCHASE & GUARANTEE VOLUME FOR 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* CAL-MAINE FOODS INC - ISSUED STATEMENT IN RESPONSE TO A VIDEO INVOLVING A CO'S EMPLOYEE AND TREATMENT OF LAYING HENS AT LAKE WALES LOCATION
BOSTON, Jan 16 (Reuters) - Hedge fund manager David Einhorn told investors on Tuesday that he made a "large" bet on insurer Brighthouse Financial late last year, and had made money on General Motors but lost by shorting Amazon and Tesla.
LONDON/MILAN (Reuters) - Swiss food group Nestle has agreed to sell its U.S. confectionery business to Italy's Ferrero for $2.8 billion, it said on Tuesday, marking CEO Mark Schneider's first big sale and a small step on its path toward healthier products.
* H & R BLOCK INC - CO, WALMART ANNOUNCED JAN. 16 THAT H&R BLOCK WILL BE NEW DIY DESKTOP TAX SOFTWARE PROVIDER AVAILABLE AT WALMART STORES NATIONWIDE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Jan 16 (Reuters) - Qualcomm Inc, the U.S. chipmaker fending off a hostile bid by Broadcom Ltd, raised its profit forecast on Tuesday and said it might use funds to buy back stock if its $38 billion bid to acquire NXP Semiconductors NV fails.
Jan 16 (Reuters) - Canopy Growth Corp said on Tuesday it signed an agreement to supply cannabis to the Canadian province of Prince Edward Island, making it the eighth province where the company will operate.
BRASILIA, Jan 16 (Reuters) - The Brazilian central bank has called for all vice presidents of state lender Caixa Econômica Federal to step down following the investigation of alleged corruption at the bank, a person with knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
* CITIGROUP INC - CREDIT CARD CHARGE-OFFS 2.58 PERCENT IN DECEMBER VERSUS 2.49 PERCENT IN NOVEMBER - SEC FILING
LONDON/CAMBRIDGE, England (Reuters) - Britain ordered a fast-track inquiry into the role played by Carillion's directors in the failure of the construction and services group, as some of its thousands of small suppliers started to lay off workers on Tuesday.
Facebook's News Feed Bombshell Shouldn't Have Caught Anyone Off Guard
If Facebook's announcement last Thursday that its News Feed algorithm was being altered to favor posts from friends and family over those from publishers and pages came as a surprise to anyone, it probably shouldn't have. A source at the social network ...
The exec who runs Facebook's NewsFeed says the changes don't spell doom for publishersCNBC
How Facebook's News Feed Shift Could Lead To A Big Spike In XenophobiaFast Company
Don't Like Facebook's New Strategy? Wait Five Minutes: GadflyWashington Post
Business Insider -The Verge -Digiday -Silicon Valley Business Journal
all 81 news articles »
(Reuters) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average raced past the 26,000 mark for the first time on Tuesday as fourth-quarter earnings season got off to a strong start following upbeat results from UnitedHealth and Citigroup.
Tax reform lived up to the hype for health insurers, as industry bellwether UnitedHealth reported higher-than-expected revenue in the fourth quarter and raised its forecast for 2018 by 17%.
The Guam location, by far the chain’s busiest store, is protected by an expanse of ocean from the rapidly changing consumer market, prospering in a kind of retail Galapagos.
(Reuters) - General Electric Co again raised the prospect of breaking up the conglomerate on Tuesday as it announced more than $11 billion in charges from its long-term care insurance portfolio and new U.S. tax laws.